During a detox cleanse, a comforting and nourishing meal will give your body the fuel to cope with the new diet plan. Our bodies have their own natural detox function and need support with the right nutrients, so a drastic diet only puts it under stress. A warming stew loaded with quality plant-based protein is just what you need for a quick detox lunch, as it only takes a few minutes to make. Kale will fuel your liver with sulphur compounds essential for triggering both detox phases, while the beans provide a full feeling and loads of protein and fiber to flush out toxins.
- 1 cup cooked canellini beans
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh kale, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast-iron skillet over low heat, add the onion and garlic cloves and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, canellini beans and turmeric, mix to combine, bring to boil over low heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the kale leaves, mix to incorporate then remove from the heat.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
P.S. Have you tried my free 24 Hour Detox Ginger Detox Cleanse yet? (no sign up required)