There’s a reason quick, fuss-free, and nutritious meals like this Instant Noodle Soup in a Jar are gaining in popularity.
It’s because when life is frenetic, who has time to cook up a complicated healthy meal?
Meals-in-a-jar let you benefit from fresh and nourishing ingredients with little effort. And they’re so tasty and interesting that your friends (and coworkers, if you bring this to work) will want to know how to make it.
You’ll especially love this instant noodle recipe, because unlike the prepackaged kind, this one is free of MSG and excess sodium, fat, and sugar.
You probably already know that most cooked vegetables lose nutrients in the process.
This recipe offers an easy workaround for that problem: you simply adding a hot broth to your layers of fresh and healthy ingredients. That way you maintain more of their natural goodness. It really couldn’t be simpler.
To add to the simplicity of this quick and wholesome meal, you can even prepare a few jars ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator. All you have to do when it’s time to eat (or pack your lunch for the day) is grab and go.
And you’ll have a flavorful meal that’s low in calories and will fill you up with quality nutrition to power you through your day.
Homemade (And Healthy) Soba Noodle Soup in a Jar
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1/2 cup soba noodles, cooked
- 1 cup tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 inch ginger knob, grated
- 4 mushrooms, cut into slices
- 1 carrot, spiraled
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth, hot
- Place all ingredients except vegetable broth in a Mason or other glass canning jar and refrigerate.
- When it’s time to eat, simply pour the broth into the jar, being careful not to burn yourself. Then, seal the jar and let it sit for 5 minutes before eating.