Quinoa Crusted Pizza with Greens
- For the crust:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- Purified water for soaking and blending
- 1 small garlic clove
- A pinch sea salt
- For the topping:
- 1 big ripe tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed greens (watercress, spinach, rocket or any available)
- Place quinoa in a bowl, cover with water and let soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 232°C/450°F.
- Drain quinoa well and add it into a food processor, together with the garlic clove, 2-3 spoons of water and salt.
- Process until you obtain a pourable puree. Add more water if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the quinoa batter in the middle and spread to form a round.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip upside down and bake 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato sauce – cut the tomato in half, remove the seeds and place into the food processor together with the onion, garlic, salt and basil.
- Process to obtain a smooth puree, then transfer it into a sauce pan, bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven, add the tomato sauce, top with fresh greens, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.