Vegan Green Lentil Soup with Garlic, Lemon and Ginger
- 1 cup green lentils
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp turmeric powder (or 1 root, peeled and grated)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshy ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut oil over low heat, add the onions, carrot, and garlic and cook for two minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add the grated ginger and turmeric, and cook for a minute.
- Add the lentils and vegetable broth, bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat, until the lentils are tender.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper, garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.