Wholesome Vegan Veggie Burrito Bowl
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Vegan
- 1 cup cooked red beans
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 yellow bell-pepper, cut into thin stripes
- 1 ripe tomato or 2–3 cherry tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- Fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut in thin slices
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- ½ red onion
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch fresh salt
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- In a medium bowl add rice, beans, tomato cubes and bell pepper, drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. (or simply arrange them into serving bowl without tossing, and drizzle with olive oil).
- Add the dressing ingredients into a blender, and process to obtain a creamy sauce. Add more water to obtain the desired consistency.
- Serve the burrito bowl next to the dressing.