The Best iced Turmeric Ginger Detox Tea
- 2 cups purified water
- 1 medium turmeric root, grated or 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and cut into slices, or 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2–3 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: 2 tsp organic raw honey or maple syrup (for the vegan version)
- Place the water, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and peppercorns in a kettle and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes over low heat, then strain and set aside to cool.
- Serve with ice and your sweetener of choice.