Sweet Potato Sandwich with Vegan Tzatziki Sauce
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Vegan
- ½ sweet potato, peeled and cut in thin rounds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup almond flakes, soaked overnight
- 1 lime, juice only
- ¼ cup pure water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 small cucumber, cut in cubes
- 5–6 parsley leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh greens, whole wheat toast, to assemble
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/356°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the sweet potato rounds on the baking sheet.
- Add coconut oil, a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Roast for 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Drain the sunflower seeds and almonds, place them in the food processor together with the lime juice, cucumber, water, sea salt, parsley leaves and black pepper, and pulse to obtain a smooth cream.
- Spread the tzatziki sauce on a whole wheat toast slice, add roasted sweet potato rounds and fresh greens and top with another toast slice.
- Serve right away or pack to go.