Healing Turmeric Tomato Soup with Red Lentils
- 3 medium tomatoes, ripe, diced
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 3 cups purified water
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small root turmeric, grated (or 1 tsp powdered turmeric)
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Fresh parsley leaves, hemp hearts, to garnish
- Sautee the onions in water for three minutes over low heat, until they become translucent.
- Add the garlic, chili flakes and turmeric, and cook for one more minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, lentils and water and mix to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Transfer the mixture into the blender, add olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon and hemp and process to obtain a creamy liquid.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley leaves and hemp hearts.