Probiotic Beet and Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Raw
- ½ medium red cabbage head, finely diced
- 1 medium beet root, peeled and grated
- 2 inch ginger piece, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl, and use your hands for scrunching the mixture for two or three minutes, until the vegetables juices start to collect into the bowl bottom.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean glass jar and press well. If the juices don’t cover the mixture, add more salted water (1 tsp sea salt for 1 cup of water).
- Cover with a lid and let sit on room temperature for up to one week, until the taste becomes sour.
- Keep in the refrigerator.