Refreshing and deliciously cleansing – this mint green tea is the perfect drink to kick start your day.
Loaded with polyphenols, which act like antioxidants, the mint green tea helps your liver to neutralize the free radicals and has a diuretic effect, flushing the toxins out of your system and protecting cells and molecules from damage.
Lime adds an extra antioxidant kick, enriching the drink with vitamin C, while oils from the mint not only give a fresh taste but also tone the digestive system and protect it from harmful bacteria.
More on Green Tea
- Green Tea vs. Black Tea (Which is Better for Detox?)
- 9 Cleansing Benefits of Green Tea
- Can You Detox from Drinking Plain Green Tea?
Mint Green Tea with Lime (Refreshing and Cleansing)
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 tsp good quality green tea
- 2 cups purified water
- 8–10 mint leaves
- 2 limes, peeled
- Prepare the green tea according to the manufacturer instructions, strain and set aside.
- Add the limes and mint leaves into the blender, and process to obtain an intense flavored liquid.
- Strain and add to the green tea.
- Serve garnished with mint leaves and lime slices.