The Best Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup fresh kale leaves, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 asparagus spears, cut into ribbons using a mandolin
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, crushed
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp purified water
- Pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add quinoa in a medium saucepan together with 2 cups of purified water, bring to boil over medium heat, then simmer over low heat until it absorbs all the water.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add the chopped kale, onion, asparagus ribbons, and crushed almonds and toss to combine.
- Add all the dressing ingredients into the blender and process to turn them into a creamy sauce.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to combine, and serve.