High Fiber Breakfast with Barley and Dried Dates
- 1 cup whole barley berries
- 6–8 dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Unsweetened dessicated coconut, sunflower seeds and chia seeds, for garnishing
- In a sauce pan add the barley berries and just enough water to cover them.
- Place over medium heat, bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes, until the barley absorbs all the water.
- Add the almond milk and dates, bring to boil then distribute evenly into the serving bowls and serve garnished with coconut flakes, chia and sunflower seeds.