If you’re preparing for a workout, these hazelnut hemp heart vegan protein bars are a great choice for fueling your body with energy, quality protein, and superfoods to keep you energized throughout your workout and help you recover and repair.
Hemp is not only a good vegan protein source but also contains essential fatty acids that regulate liver function and help the transportation and breakdown of cholesterol.
Pair the hemp hearts in these vegan protein bars with potassium-loaded dry pitted dates and chia seeds to enrich your snack with minerals and fiber.
(You may also like: Chocolate Oat Energy Bars)
Hazelnut Hemp Heart Vegan Protein Bars
- Yield: 4 bars 1x
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 5–6 dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture. Add a tablespoon purified water to achieve the desired texture.
- Line a plate with parchment paper and use your hands to shape the bars.
- Refrigerate the vegan protein bars for at least one hour, then serve.