Ginger Beet Soup for Liver Health and Overall Wellness
- 2 small beets, rinsed well and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 small parsnip, diced
- 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coconut flakes, fresh parsley leaves – for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C /350°F.
- Wrap the beets into an aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the onion, celery, parsnip, ginger and vegetable stock into a soup pan, bring to boil over medium heat, then simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Remove the beets from the oven, peel, cut into quarters and add into the blender, together with the coconut milk, boiled vegetables and their liquid.
- Pulse to obtain a creamy soup.
- Season with black pepper and serve warm, garnished with coconut flakes and fresh parsley leaves.