Healing Red Lentils and Turmeric Soup
- 1and 1/2 cups red lentils
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, to garnish
- Add all the ingredients into a soup pot and bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are cooked.
- Transfer the mixture to the blender and pulse to obtain a creamy soup.
- Pour into serving bowls, garnish with toasted seeds, and serve warm.