Alkalizing Green Detox Soup
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1&1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- Toasted nuts and seeds, to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a soup pot, add the onion, garlic, asparagus, fennel and celery stalks and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to boil and simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves and spinach, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer into the blender, add lime juice and process to obtain a smooth cream. Add more vegetable stock to adjust the texture.
- Serve warm, topped with toasted nuts and seeds.