Chocolate Oat Energy Bars
- Yield: 6-8 bars 1x
- 1&1/2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup dry pitted dates, soaked in purified water for at least 1 hour
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao butter
- 2 tsp raw agave nectar
- Tahini, to garnish
- In a food processor add the drained dates and 2 tsp coconut oil, and pulse to obtain a puree.
- Add the oats and pulse to incorporate.
- Line a small pan with parchment paper and spread the oats mixture into ½ inch layer.
- In a small sauce pan add the coconut butter, the rest of the coconut oil, raw cacao powder and place over low heat, mixing continuously to homogenize.
- Remove from the heat, add the agave nectar, mix to incorporate, then pour over the oats layer.
- Set aside to cool, drizzle with tahini, then cover with plastic foil and freeze for at least two hours.
- Remove from the freezer, cut into slices and serve or keep into an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.