Cayenne Pepper Detox Tea with Turmeric and Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (or 1 small turmeric root, peeled and grated)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2-inch ginger knob, peeled and grated
- 1.5 cups purified water, hot boiling
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: 2 tsp raw honey or 2 tsp maple syrup (for the vegan version)
- In a mortar add cayenne, grated ginger, coconut oil and turmeric powder, and mix with a pestle to create a paste.
- Divide the paste into two jars or mugs, and add hot water.
- Mix to combine and let cool until it’s comfortably warm to drink. Add lemon juice before drinking.