A delicious detox tea before bedtime, this lemongrass tea has calming properties and compounds that help your body work on eliminating toxins during your sleep. Burdock or gobo roots are low in calories and contain non-starch polysaccharides with mild laxative effects and prebiotic action which balances cholesterol levels. Burdock root is also loaded with potassium, an important mineral for maintaining cellular health. Ginger boosts the circulatory system and helps with good digestion, while the volatile oils in lemongrass not only give a wonderful flavor to this tea but also provide an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and helps the body eliminate them.
Burdock Root, Ginger and Lemongrass Detox Tea
- 2 burdock root tea bags
- 1 piece lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger piece, grated
- 2 cups purified water
- Place the water in a kettle and bring to boil.
- Add all ingredients, cover with a small plate, remove from the heat and let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink slowly.