Whipped Berry Porridge
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 1/2 cup vegan milk of choice (I always use almond milk because of its neutral taste)
- 1/2 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 small beet root, peeled
- 2 tsp bee pollen
- To garnish – mixed seeds
- *Optional – 2 tsp sweetener of choice
- In a medium saucepan add the oats, water and vegan milk, bring to boil, give them a good stir, then cover the pan and let sit for five minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer into the blender, with the berries, beet and bee pollen (and the sweetener if necessary), and process to obtain a creamy, velvety texture.
- Distribute into serving bowls, garnish with mixed seeds and bee pollen and serve warm.