Red Beet Cauliflower Risotto
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Vegan
- 1 big cauliflower head
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup beet root, cooked
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cut the cauliflower head in florets and rinse abundantly with water.
- Drain well and transfer into the food processor (you might need to do this in batches).
- Pulse to obtain a rice texture (make sure you don’t overprocess it).
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic, a fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower , add the vegetable broth an nutritional yeast and cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Place the cooked beet roots in the food processor and pulse to obtain a fine puree.
- Add the beet puree to the cauliflower, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.